In the past, I would try to write about every album I encountered. These days, I listen to a lot of stuff, but I’ll only post an entry if something sparks a memory.
As these statistics demonstrate, I’m leaving a lot out of this blog.
First and last purchases of the year
The first and last purchases of the year are determined by the date of order. Pre-ordered items not yet shipped have already been taken into account.
- First purchase: Sleater-Kinney, One Beat (2014 reissue) on vinyl.
- First purchase of a 2017 release: Renée Fleming, Distant Light on CD.
- Last purchase of a 2017 release: Anne Dudley, Anne Dudley Plays the Art of Noise on CD
- Last purchase: Wilco, Summerteeth on vinyl.
Purchases by format
|Total items bought||43||58||403||504|
- New release
- Initial release within the calendar year.
- Originally released prior to the calendar year but reissued within the calendar year.
- Initial release prior to the calendar year.
Top catalog release years
|Year||Number of items purchased||Year-over-year change|
Single titles purchased in multiple formats are counted individually.
|Artist||Number of items purchased|
|Dead Can Dance||5|
|A Tribe Called Quest||4|
- The death on Pádraig Duggan in 2016 spurred me to bring a lot of Clannad titles back into my collection.
- Cheap CDs from thrift shops account for some of the entries list, namely Chris Isaak and Steve Winwood.
- If I grouped this list by title, David Bowie wouldn’t rank as highly. Pretty much, I bought different versions of Ziggy Stardust.
- Midnight Oil and Depeche Mode concerts made me want to dig further into back catalog I hadn’t yet explored.