It seems to happen every year — when I go to the Waterloo Records storewide sale, I can’t figure out what I want to get. So I end up wandering the aisles hoping something will grab me and leaving when nothing has. After the sale is over, I’ll remember all the things I wanted to get.
So I’m making my shopping list now. And I’m going to remember to print it out and carry it with me come Thursday night.
[UPDATE, 11/05/07 08:48] The sale is done, and I came away with most of what I was looking for. This list has been updated accordingly. Additional comments in italics.
Deee-Lite, World Clique This album is kind of like the auto manufacturing worker who gets laid off when times get tough, then gets rehired when demand outstrips supply. I’ll sell it when I need cash, but when I’m financially solvent, I’ll buy it back again.
Depeche Mode, Violator I didn’t realize I had sold this album till one day I wanted to play it and couldn’t find it.
- Throwing Muses, House Tornado or Red Heaven If they so happen to be in the used bin … As it turned out, there were no copies in the used bin.
Tempera Quartet, Jean Sibelius: Voces Intimae Part of my growing Sibelius fascination.
Jean Sibelius, Symphonies No. 4-7 and Tapiola Whatever discs have those pieces.I ended up with a 2-disc set by Sir Colin Davies which also includes the Symphony No. 3 and the Finlandia suite.
- Any number of stuff I’m reading about in The Rest Is Noise If there’s a Webern boxed set to be had … No, there was no boxed set to be had.
Depending on my mood, I also may throw in:
- Blowoff, self-titled So very indie. So very gay.
- Camper Van Beethoven, Telephone Free Landslide Victory Because I would like to sing along to "Take the Skinheads Bowling" during rush-hour traffic. There was a used copy, but I wanted a remastered version with the Take the Skinheads Bowling EP.
- Hey Willpower, Dance EP Also very indie. Also very gay. Hey Willpower was completely out of stock. Harumph.
- Juanes, La Vida … es un Ratico Low priority … I didn’t get into Mi Sangre as much as I did Un Dia Normal or Fijate Bien. I passed on this one … it was already on sale, so a discount would not have applied.
- mono/World’s End Girlfriend, Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain I got this from eMusic a long while back but have yet to buy the CD. I passed on this one too because I wanted to keep my spending below $80.
- The Go-Betweens, 16 Lovers Lane I could have picked this album up at the record convention, but it’s been remastered. I passed on this one as well because it included a lot more than just the album. I like it, but not that much.
- NEW! Molotov, Eternamiente I didn’t even know Molotov had a new album out. I miss ICE magazine.
I’m probably going to be updating this list as I think of more things to add.